It’s my hope that you find this blog useful. It’s my goal that this site will empower people to cook their own vegan meals, grow their own plants, and to think about the role of both nature and the arts (particularly reading and writing) in their lives. These are some of the activites that bring me the most joy in my own life. To help you find your way, I’ve created some categories that I hope will be handy.
- Food for ….(Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter) will feature seasonal ingredients. This category may include both step by step recipes and more general guidelines for using and preparing seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Cooking contains both recipes and general thoughts on cooking/cooking methods. This is where to go if you want to know how to put together a meal, want to think about food, or are looking for a specific technique, such as how to cook tofu.
- Recipes will only contain step by step recipes with exact ingredients and measurements (however, most of my recipes will be easily modified). If you have special dietary needs, try looking under Soy-Free or Gluten-Free
- Gardening contains tips and musings for your own garden (often posts are in both recipes and gardening, so it’s also a good place to look to see what to do with a certain plant you’re growing).
- Other categories are fairly self-explanatory…I hope! If you’re looking for information that you don’t find on this site, please leave me a comment, and perhaps I can direct you there, or write a future post that addresses your question.